The objectives underlying the Albufeira Plan for Mobility and Transport are:
• Promote more sustainable mobility patterns by encouraging the use of more environmentally friendly means of transportation, such as non-motorized transport and public transportation;
• Improve the quality of public transport, promoting intermodal and ensuring service levels tailored to the needs of travel of urban and rural population, the latter mostly located in the northern part of the territory of the county;
• Ensure coordination between territorial planning and transport planning;
• Improving the operating conditions in terms of urban logistics that contribute to the improvement of distribution and minimize the impacts associated with this activity.
• Improve the quality of the urban environment by reducing air pollution, noise, greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption associated with the transport sector.